9.02.2016

TURNING 30


WOW!  I can’t believe my 30th birthday will be tomorrow. At first I was really excited that my birthday is coming and I am going to have a lot of fun with my friends and family.

My birthday is on September 3rd, two days before my birthday I got a call from my best friend as we were taking she said “one more day until your birthday” I said yes and we continued to speak on what we was going to do and how much fun we’re going to have, it Labor day week so I know it’s going to be nothing by fun. Then she hit me with the “you need to get married”. That’s when I started to really worry.

After speaking to her reality started to kick in. yes, I am really nervous and scared of turning 30. There are some things that I said I would do before my 30th birthday that I haven’t done yet, like getting married and buying a house. Maybe I am suppose to be married already maybe not, only God knows what the next few years will bring. I’ve been with my boy friend for five years now; we have a beautiful relationship and a beautiful daughter together. I would say life is good right now. It would have been nice if we were married already, but I am going to leave it in God hands because if married is in our future it will happen.

I thought by the time I turn 30 I would already buy a house, but no I am still renting. I know a house will come. This year will be the year where I save more and work more on my credit to purchase a house. That would be one of my goals to accomplish in 2017.

I am not going to focus on all the things that I haven’t accomplish in my life, instead I am going to focus on all the great things that I have accomplished. I have a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice; work at a successful law firm as a Paralegal. I have a beautiful daughter, I am in a beautiful relationship, and I am in good health….thank God.

Moving forward I am going to use all the accomplishments in my past to motivate me to do even greater things in my future. I will keep praying God for greater and bigger things for my future.

For my readers who are 30 and over how did you feel when you turn 30?





No comments:

Post a Comment